Lesson 83 – When the Spirit Speaks Peace

1 Chronicles 12:16-18

"Then some of the sons of Benjamin and Judah came to David at the stronghold. And David went out to meet them, and answered and said to them, 'If you have come peaceably to me to help, my heart will be united with you; but if to betray me to my enemies, since there is no wrong in my hands, may the God of our fathers look and bring judgment.' Then the Spirit came upon Amasai, chief of the captains, and he said, 'We are yours, O David; We are on your side, O son of Jesse! Peace, peace to you, And peace to your helpers! For your God helps you.' So David received them, and made them captains of the troop."

    David wanted to know, "Are you for me, or are you against me? Are you for peace, or are you for war? Will you join me, or stand against me?" A choice for peace comes after the Spirit falls upon the captain. Through the Spirit's touch, a choice was made for peace.

    I see a faith lesson in this account. While this scenario concerned physical conflict, it is this same touch of the Spirit brings a choice for peace in spiritual matters. While we were still enemies of God through sin, the Spirit touched our life and compelled us to a life of peace with God through Christ. The Spirit is God's instrument for bringing about peace into our lives.

    What about you? Are you at peace with God? Have you experienced the call of the Spirit upon your heart and humbly took a stance for peace with God? Can you declare as Amasai, "We are on your side."?

    Now is your opportunity with peace with God. Welcome the Holy Spirit and choose peace through Christ.

LORD JESUS

Lord, I thank you for your call of peace upon my life so that I'm no longer an enemy of Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment