Lesson 218 – When the Spirit Is Always There

Psalm 139:7-10

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me."

This is an awesome psalm of comfort as well as a reminder of the Lord's faithfulness to bestow the Spirit's touch upon every believer. Simply put, we are in God's hands. There is no one who can take that away from us, and there is no where we can go to get away from God.

If you ask a child to describe God, they will invariably mention that God is everywhere. It is a simple truth, one that a child can understand, but also one which has profound meaning for the believer. If everything were taken away from us, God remains. If everyone we loved abandoned us to a life of loneliness, God still remains. If every hope became hopeless, we could rest in God, for he is still there.

The Spirit is everywhere, and not just to be there because he is God, but He is there for you.

Recently, I was challenged to live every day in light of the Spirit's presence. The truth is, if we could remember that the Lord is with us, life's difficulties would be profoundly changed, with the things which bother us the most likely to simply fade away. Sure, our problems are still there, but in the bright light of the Spirit, they really aren't that important.

Yet, I find doing this a rather difficult proposition. My mind likes to run to the glass half empty scenario, looking at the hopelessness of it all. When instead, I need to look to this promise -- God is with me, and he always has been and ever will be.

I encourage you to give it a try to see life through the Spirit's touch. Embrace life in light of knowing God is with you and see if that simple truth doesn't change everything.

LORD JESUS

Lord, I thank you for the surety of your presence. May I be reminded everyday that you are right with me in the face of life's circumstances. Allow my heart to trust in you, knowing you have me right where you want me to be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment