Lesson 128 – When the Spirit Begs

Romans 15:30

"Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me."

As Paul finishes his epistle to the church at Rome, he begs this church to pray for his ministry. And in his appeal, he invokes the name of the Spirit. In Paul's eyes, the Spirit begs.

I like this idea. In a very simple way of understanding the working of the Spirit, God uses this miraculous presence of our salvation to beg in our lives. In essence, the Spirit tugs upon our heart to spur us to do God's will, not only in prayers, but in many other areas of service.

As believers, we often need the push of the Spirit to cause us to take action which gives God glory in our lives. Since it is the Spirit who knows the heart of God, it is the Spirit who begs us to take notice and move out in the kingdom.

I suspect it will revolutionize our lives if we'll ask the Spirit to reach out and touch us in a way which begs us to be the man or woman God would have us be. Likewise, if every church would seek the Spirit's begging to direct our ministries, we could turn the world upside down for Jesus Christ.

May that be our prayer. Lord, beg in my life today.

LORD JESUS

Lord, I thank you for the imploring nature of your Spirit. I invite you to beg upon my life and the life of the church where I serve, all for your honor and glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment