Lesson 205 – When the Spirit Shows God’s Face

When the Spirit SHOWS GOD's FACE

Ezekiel 39:29

"And I will not hide My face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel, says the Lord God."

I'm sure glad the Lord has decided not to hide his face from sinful humanity. God had every right to punish us for our sins, to remove us fully from his presence, even to destroy us and start all over. But he didn't. He kept his face on his creation and provided for our salvation. And he did this through the Spirit's touch. And not only did God turn his face to his people, he poured himself out on them through his Spirit.

God still identifies us as his people by pouring his Spirit on us. This is the way we know our Lord. He comes to us and communes with us, Spirit to spirit. He speaks to our soul and makes himself known.

But the opposite is also true. When we choose the path of sin, the Lord withholds his Spirit from us, turning his face from his people. And we know it. When his face is not on us, we sense God's presence is absent. We feel dry in our souls. We long for the Lord again. This is the way our God calls us back again.

And I thank him for it.

LORD JESUS

Lord, I thank you for your face upon your people and your Spirit which is poured out on me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment