Lesson 49 – When the Spirit Transforms

1 Samuel 10:6, 9-10

"Then the Spirit of the Lord will come upon you, and you will prophesy with them and be turned into another man."

"So it was, when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, that God gave him another heart; and all these signs came to pass that day. When they came there to the hill, there was a group of prophets to meet him; then the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them."

    God's promise to Saul as Israel's first king was not for military might, or great wealth, or peace from his enemies or even wisdom to rule. Instead, his promise was for the Spirit's presence, and to prove it, Saul would be made to prophesy as a man of God.

    Saul must have been comforted to know he didn't have to take on this position of a ruler in his own limited abilities, but as "another man", one filled with the Spirit.

    Still today, the Spirit's touch turns every believer into the "another man". Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 5:17 that every believer is transformed, with the old person without Christ becoming a new person of the Spirit. Thus, the Lord is always with us, with the Spirit living in our new lives in Christ. While God may not cause you to prophesy like Saul, you can be assured of the Spirit's presence in just a real way.

    This is a wonderful promise. Not only are my sins forgiven in Christ, having been taken from me and crucified, I am made so new that God considers me "another man". I can never be held responsible for my sins because I am no longer the person who sinned in the first place. That is indeed good news! The chance to literally start all over again in Christ through the Spirit's touch!

LORD JESUS

Lord, I thank you and praise you for me making me all over new again in you. May your Spirit reign in me daily so that I live rightfully as another man in you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment